What is butalbital?
The doctor prescribes this medicine for the treatment of tension, headaches, and migraine. Aspirin helps in reducing the pain of a headache; caffeine helps in increasing the effects of Aspirin, and butalbital 40mg helps in reducing the anxiety and makes you feel relax and asleep.
Generic name– Butalbital-Aspirin-Caffeine
What are the warnings of butalbital 40mg?
- Before starting the treatment, tell your doctor if you have allergy from acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine.
- Inform your pharmacist about all the prescribed and non-prescribed medicines you are taking.
- Do not take butalbital if you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days because dangerous drug interaction may occur.
- Avoid taking this medicine if you recently consumed alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers, and other narcotic medications.
- It is not medically proved that this medicine harms the unborn or not, but if you use this medicine during pregnancy, then the baby will feel some life-threatening symptoms.
How to use Butalbital?
Take this medicine by mouth between the gaps of four hours as instructed by your doctor, do not exceed the dose of more than six capsules within a day. If you have constipation, take this medicine with food or milk and not immediately lie down after taking this medicine.
Your doctor decides the medicine dosage after considering your age, medical condition, and the response of medicine on your body. It is advised that you take butalbital 40mg when you feel the first sign of a headache; if you wait to get a problem worse, this medicine may not work effectively.
Do not suddenly stop the medicine consumption because it may cause some unpleasant withdrawal symptoms like change in appetite, changes in mood, Congestion, Fatigue, Irritability, Muscle pain, Nausea, Restlessness, Runny nose, Shakiness, Sleeping difficulties, Sweating, Tremors, and Vomiting. To avoid this situation, your doctor will slowly and gradually decrease your dose and tell you how to cope with withdrawals.
What are some side effects of using butalbital 40mg?
Like other medications, butalbital too cause side effects. Tell your director immediately if you observe any side effects in you. Side effects of butalbital are Nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, gas, shaking, tremor, light-headedness, dizziness, drowsiness, mental and mood changes, fainting, irregular heartbeat, increased thirst and urination, hearing changes like ringing in the ears, easy bruising and bleeding, signs of infection, fever, sore throat, heartburn, discomfort when swallowing, dark urine, yellowing eyes and skin, kidney problems, change in the amount of urine, unusual tiredness.
This is not the complete list of the side effects, and not all the side effects need to occur to one person. Some allergic reaction causes by butalbital 40mg are rash, itching, swelling on face, dizziness, and trouble breathing. If the allergic reactions get worse, then call your doctor for immediate medical attention.